Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Home Free

Fred is back! Huzzah! Goodbye mailroom. I’m so glad to be able to get back to work but I have to say I was a bit harder on Brad than I intended to be. After the incident with uncle Paul I really got to see firsthand what it’s like to be low man on the totem pole. When I bought Brad a double roast beef from Arby’s as an apology, he actually teared up a little. I told him I was sorry for being such an ass and he said he hadn’t noticed. He gets so much shit from everybody else he probably hadn’t. I just got the go ahead to start writing copy for the new line of Garanimal knockoffs. The designs are horrendous. The illustration of the elephant is downright racist. The whole line is an incongruous smudge of manga kitsch and eastern European creepiness all in the colors of a filthy toilet. Clearly one from Steve. Give a correspondence degree in art to a crocodile and this is what you get. I’ll make a few polite suggestions then shut my mouth. Steve can’t take criticism so I’ll let him hang himself. I’ve been messing around with a few design ideas myself and when Steve is kicked off the project I’ll just “happen” to have a few sketches lying around…how Machiavellian of me…he he

1 comment:

Henry Lafonta said...

mrbabyelephant@google.com